Trump Delivers Big Update From Oval Office

On Friday morning, President Donald Trump delivered significant updates from the White House regarding the economy and the future trajectory of tariffs imposed on several nations.
Speaking from the Oval Office, the president celebrated the latest jobs report, shared his predictions for the economy amidst an ongoing tariff battle, and addressed potential federal layoffs.
A notable statistic was highlighted when Trump pointed out that, according to the February jobs report, the number of native-born workers increased by 284,000, while foreign-born workers saw a decrease of 87,000 jobs. He underscored the significance of ensuring more Americans secure employment.
“For the first time in fifteen months, the job gains for native-born Americans exceeded the job gains for migrant and foreign workers. Employment for native-born workers went up by 284K while foreign-born workers went down by 87K,” Trump stated.
He continued, “Look, our country has been ripped off by everybody, and that stops now… Canada, Mexico, the EU, and India are terrible abusers of our country.”
“Globalists won’t love this because this brings jobs back to America… I think the United States is going to do records business. We’ll bring back a lot of those 90,000 factories that have been lost over the last number of years,” he added.
Highlighting the shift in employment patterns, Trump remarked, “Under the final two years of Biden, one in every four jobs created in America was a government job… But under the first full month of President Trump, an incredible 93% of all job gains were in the private sector.”
He further stated, “During the last year, the Biden administration saw a loss of more than 110K manufacturing jobs or 9K manufacturing jobs every single month. During the first full month in office, we’ve not only stopped the manufacturing collapse, but we’ve begun to rapidly reverse it and get major gains.”
NEC Director Kevin Hassett also weighed in: “A lot of people said that if you deported illegals, then employment would go down… And if you look, 280,000 American-born folks were hired, manufacturing jobs are going up… I suspect that this is going to be a glimpse of the Golden Age to come.”
The impact of a strong leader’s words in addressing major challenges cannot be overstated.
Following four years of what many considered the most ineffective border policies in U.S. history, which led to a surge in illegal crossings at the Southern border, President Trump has dramatically changed the situation.
According to Customs and Border Protection data, border crossings have plummeted by 90% compared to the same period last year, with only 359 illegal migrants being processed daily, as reported by the New York Post.
“That puts the US on track to have the lowest monthly border crossings in at least 25 years. If the trend continues, the number of illegal migrants coming into the US could hit a level not seen since 1968, nearly 60 years ago,” the report detailed.
And Trump has no intention of slowing down.
The president has signed another executive order, an “amendment to duties to address the flow of illicit drugs across our southern border.”
Mark Krikorian, the executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, told The Post that the current border crossings are at historically low levels.
“If you kind of break down the numbers and divide them by 365, we haven’t had numbers this low since the 1960s. So we’re talking 60-year lows if it’s sustained, obviously,” Krikorian explained.
The data reveals that as of February 11, only 3,953 illegal migrants had been encountered at the southern border. If this trend continues, the monthly total could be around 10,000—a figure never recorded since the CBP began tracking these numbers in 1999.
Notably, the closest monthly total to 10,000 occurred in April 2017, during Trump’s first term, when crossings stood just above 11,000, the report stated.
A Border Patrol source indicated that migrants have taken notice of the shift in leadership.